Monday, July 28, 2008

San Churro - Chatswood

San Churro Chatswood

When I got to the shop, I was so excited.
I love chocolate.
and San Churro is famous for chocolate... and well, churros.

Eyeing the menu, I wanted to order everything!
But, having just had a large lunch, that was probably not a wise decision.
Instead, I settled for the chocolate tapaz.

Chocolate Tapaz

And I was not disappointed.
I prefer dark chocolate, and my partner swore that he ordered dark chocolate - but it looked and tasted like milk chocolate. Nonetheless, being cold, any chocolate would do.

Close up of the brownies, marshmellows, truffles, and caramello cups

The brownies were nice and moist on the inside with a crunchy top. Mmm... satisfies any cravings.
The truffles... my partner didn't know which he ordered, but one was nice, the other not so...
The caramello cups were nice at first, but soon became sickening sweet.

Close up of our "dark" chocolate, vanilla icecream, and churro

My partner described the churro as a 'crunchy donut', and dipped into our "dark" chocolate, it was quite delicious. When mixed with some vanilla icecream... ahh...heavenly. Quite a perfect combination I think.

Serviette

Another thing I liked about San Churro is the quote on the serviette. Being quite a messy eater myself, I took it as my license to make a mess... and a mess it was by the end of our meal.

In general, I think it's quite a great place to chill (or warm up) in Winter. Didn't actually see any staff, so I couldn't comment on the service. But the Churro and the brownie offers quite a delectable taste for all those with a sweet tooth.

Ratings:
Food - 9/10
Service - 5/10
Ambiance - 6/10
Value for money - 8/10
Overall - 28/40

Chatswood
Shop 609, Westfield Chatswood
1 Anderson Street
Chatswood
Tel: (02) 9412 2276

No comments: