Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Bite - Parramatta

It was rare for my partner and I to be able to enjoy a "leisurely" (yet timed and slightly rushed) lunch on a Friday. I had to be at my church by 12.30pm to help run a church camp, and most restaurant/cafes in Parramatta were not open til 11.30am. Hence, when we were browsing on Church St around 11ish, we were extremely grateful that the waiter of 'The Bite' allowed us to sit and order before they were officially open.

The Bite offered a 2 course lunch menu for $20. This included a starter, main and drink. For the starter, it was a wood fired crust brushed with olive oil and herbs. This was warm, fresh and tasty. Slightly crispy on the outside and tasty yummy on the inside, bearing a subtle herby and salty taste. This was served with balsamic and olive oil. YUM.

wood fired crust brushed with olive oil and herbs

There was a variety of mains to choose from. My partner and I both felt like pasta. My partner opted for a penne matriciana. This was al dente pasta tossed with spanish onions, ham, and olives, served in a rich napolitana sauce which bore a very slight hint of chilli. This was very very tomatoey and quite rich. My partner seemed to appreciate this quite a bit.

Penne Matriciana

I chose the pesto penne. This was really rich and creamy and awesomeness. Served with chicken bits and semi-dried tomato, the creaminess of the basil pesto was to die for. Simple, yet sooooooooo nice. Could eat this sauce with anything~ LOL. Even my partner (who is a dedicated red sauce lover) really liked my pasta.

Pesto Penne

Have to say, I was slightly very weary of the time during the whole meal. The pasta took a little while to come out - but the wait was worth it. Service the whole time was by that nice waiter who let us in early. He stayed inside most of the time whilst we sat outside, but nonetheless, remained attentive when we needed him. So overall, it was a pretty decent lunch - especially since it was on a Friday! Damn - I really need to work for the gov.

Ratings:
Food - 8.5/10
Service - 7/10
Ambiance - 7/10
Value for money - 7.5/10
Overall - 30/40

The Bite
308 Church St
Parramatta
NSW 2150
tel: (02) 9635 3777

No comments: