Friday, September 9, 2011

Ganache (2) - Melbourne

I remember that I had an awesome cake from Ganache last time I was in Melbourne - hence, I couldn't wait to return. Stepping into their new branch on Collins Street, we were met with glass cabinets full of hand-crafted chocolates, macaroons cakes and slices as well as some enticing packaged chocolates.

This time round, I opted for a brownie mousse cake ($7.50). This a layer of delicious brownie with dark and milk chocolate mousse which was smooth, decadent and melt-in-your-mouth, and topped with a layer of chocolate anglaise. There was also a thin slice of tempered chocolate and a tiny tiny speck of gold flake sitting on top. YUM.

brownie mousse - $7.50

The pistachio macaroon ($2.20) had a crunchy shell and a creamy pistachio filling. I think I have confirmed that I am not a fan of macaroons - freshly made or frozen type. Instead, my hubby took fancy to this little treat.

pistachio macaroon - $2.20

My hubby opted for a Chocolate Milkshake ($6). This was a sweet chocolaty concoction with gelato, chocolate ganache and slightly too much milk. My hubby and I are both thick shake fans - hence, I think we'd prefer more gelato and more chocolate... so this was slightly diluted for our liking.

Chocolate Milkshake - $6

I love the cakes at Ganache. A must-return for sure!

Ratings:
Food - 8.5/10
Service - 7/10
Ambiance - 7/10
Value for money - 7.5/10
Overall - 30/40

Ganache
Collins Street
Melbourne
Tel: (02) 9650 8388

No comments: