Thursday, May 24, 2012

Noggi - Strathfield

It never ceases to amaze me why or how there are such epic lines whenever I'm in Strathfield (sometimes relatively late at night). There's males and females, typically late teen - early 20s looking, lining up for what seems like hours outside 2 of the many stores near the station : Moochi and Noggi. What are they? Frozen yoghurt stores.

The frozen yoghurt hype has been around for some time now. Marketed as the "healthy" alternative, frozen yoghurt (which looks a lot like soft serve) comes zero in fat, frozen, tasty, has a variety of flavours, and usually mixed in with a range of fruit bits, nuts, or other condiments. I've never been a fan of the taste of yoghurt , frozen or unfrozen, but my hubby and our friends seem to simply love this dessert alternative.

noggi strathfield
So on one chilly Sunday night, it was my first time experiencing the long lines. Hubby ordered a mix of green tea and orginal flavoured frozen yoghurt. Mixed in it were strawberries, cornflakes and mochi (rice cake).My disclaimer is : I don't like the taste of yoghurt... that sweet yet sour finish. BUT, my companions (and all the people that were lining up that night) all loved it! So much so that we're even thinking of starting our own frozen yoghurt joint.


green tea and original flavours with mochi, cornflakes and strawberries

Noggi (Strathfield)
2/2 Albert Road
Strathfield
NSW 2135
Tel: (02) 9737 8242

No comments: