Thursday, February 13, 2014

Scarlett Restaurant - The Rocks

As a part of a friend's hens, dinner was at Scarlett Restaurant at The Rocks. Being a hens, the restaurant locked us up in a private sandstone room with no windows (to block out our noise?). Apologising for the photo quality first off due to lighting and use of a phone camera.

We had choices of three entrees, mains and desserts. We also got a nice salad, super thick cut chips and broccoli to share for the table too. For my entree, I opted for the Ceviche of Kingfish. Fresh yummy slices of king fish was served in a bed of blood orange dressing with chilli and radish. It was quite tasty.
Ceviche of Kingfish

For the main (even though the photo doesn't show anything), I had the roast beef fillet served with shimeji mushrooms, asparagus, bone marrow and jus. I asked for my beef medium rare and it came out perfect! Juicy, tender, really really tasty. Unfortunately, my friend wanted hers medium but it came out as a dry super super well down slab of (almost inedible) meat. What I absolutely loved about this dish was the bone marrow :) (but I am biased cos I love bone marrow).
Roast Beef Fillet

By dessert time, I was pretty stuffed. My option was the Chocolate mousse. This was nice and sweet (but not overlly so). It came with a  yoghurt sorbet which I wasn't a super huge fan of, as well as a slightly too thick and too difficult to bite into salted caramel toffee.
chocolate mousse with yoghurt sorbet
This was a pretty decent meal given that we came as a group function. It was better than I expected :)

Ratings:
Food - 7.5/10
Service - 7/10
Ambiance - 7/10
Value for money - 7/10
Overall - 28.5/40

Scarlett Restaurant
34 Harrington St
The Rocks, NSW 2000
Tel: (02) 8220 9999

1 comment:

chocolatesuze said...

ooooh bone marrow? IM SO THERE