Tuesday, March 18, 2014

In the Annex - Forest Lodge

'In the Annex' is a grungy cafe tucked in quite inconspicuously like a hole in the wall in the annex between Camperdown and Glebe. Everything here seemed like a bit odd and ecclectic - nothing really matches yet that's kinda what pulls them all together. There's even toys and cards strewn everywhere for us to play with if we were bored.

I ordered a coffee to start. My skim cappuccino was quite delicious and a good pick-me-up to begin my morning.
Cappuccino

Hubby had difficulty choosing between the various yummy-sounding dishes on the menu. At the last moment, he opted for the smoked salmon. The salmon was absolutely delicious tasting - smokey, flakey, really well cooked. It was served with beans, two poached eggs and toast. Maybe the only thing I would want with this is a good sauce? But I guess it's just more healthy this way :)
Smoked Salmon

I ordered a simple bacon and egg role. Except that it had super delicious aioli, bits of kale, and some yummy relish. Simple as it may seem, it was actually really appetising and delish! I wouldn't mind having this on a regular basis.
Bacon, Kale and Egg
'In the Annex' is a pretty cool cafe. Nothing fancy here but tasty food and coffee.

Ratings:
Food - 8.5/10
Service - 6.5/10
Ambiance - 7/10
Value for money - 7/10
Overall - 29/40

In the Annex
35 Ross Street
Forest Lodge
NSW 2037
Tel: (02) 8041 6536

No comments: