Thursday, September 3, 2009

French Riviera - Sydney

French Riviera

Mmm... when I crave for icecream and HUGE amounts of it, my mind wanders automatically to French Riviera. I remember trekking all the way to Double Bay for it - it was like an adventure... and a huge toss-up of whether I actually feel like ice-cream or if I actually want Max Brenner. Luckily, that dilemma is self-resolved now that it's located in the (almost) heart of the city.

Icecreams here are always HUGE in proportion. You can get lotza lotza scoops to share between friends (atleast 20-30 scoops) or, you can order different icecream sundays. Coming here after a filling lunch, my company and I opted for icecream sundays "for 1" to share among two people. My friend and her boyfriend ordered the Antillaise ($16). This was many scoops of mixed sorbet topped with many many many fruits (kiwi, banana, and pineapple). Looked almost healthy~~

Antillaise for 1 - $16

My partner and I settled for our 'usual', the Delice ($16). This had super yummy chocolate icecream, alright-ish walnut icecream, deliciousness hazelnut icecream, and dessicated coconut coconutty icecream (which I but not the partner likes). All this icecream was accompanied with whipped cream and lotza chopped peanuts. Mmm...

Delice for 1 - $16

The sundays for 1 are so huge that it's basically impossible for us both to finish. You definately get value, and if you go for the HUGE "to share" gazillion scoops of icecream, you get the novelty and the "WOW - how on earth are we going to eat this" feeling too!!! :P

Ratings:
Food - 7/10
Service - 6.5/10
Ambiance - 6.5/10
Value for money - 7/10
Overall - 27/40

French Riviera
68 Liverpool Street
Sydney
NSW 2000
tel: (02) 9264 2932

1 comment:

missklicious said...

Those servings are massive! I don't think I'd be able to finish it before it starts melting hehe