Friday, February 3, 2012

The Cove - Drummoyne

On the recent aussie day public holiday, my hubby and I decided to drive around. We drove to many places randomly - Breakfast Point, Abbotsford, Chiswick... until eventually we ended up at Drummoyne. We stopped just short of the factory outlet (at Birkenhead Point) and landed at the Cove, a nice little cafe overlooking the pool and the ocean.

Coffees were ordered first. My hubby's extra extra strong cappuccino was good, as was my mocha. Lots of people were ordering coffees just takeaway so that must mean that the coffee here is normally of decent quality.

coffees

Food-wise, my hubby's choice was the parmesan chicken open sandwich ($18.50). It came as an appeasing plate of parmesan and herb crusted chicken tenderloins on toasted turkish schiacciata bread. Accompanying this was tomato, avocado, sundried tomato pest, house aioli, mixed greens and micro herbs. It was pretty delish :)

parmesan and herb crusted chicken sandwich

After eyeing the smoked salmon open sandwich on the next table, I decided that I wanted one ($17.50). This was a generous portion of smoked salmon with avocado, spanish onion, capers, wild rocket and salmon roe on toasted schiacciata bread. Funnily enough, whilst my hubby's bread tasted nice and toasty, my bread was stale and chewy and spread with slightly over-powering herbed goats cheese. But bread aside, everything else was good :)

smoked salmon toast

Ambiance here is great, service is friendly, coffee is good, food is decent... so why not? :)

Ratings:
Food - 7.5/10
Service - 7.5/10
Ambiance- 8/10
Value for money - 7/10
Overall - 30/40

The Cove
Henley Marine Dr
Drummoyne
NSW 2047
Tel: (02) 9719 3022

2 comments:

Mary @ beyondjelly said...

That parmesan-crusted chicken looks good! I didn't realise it was so close to Birkenhead Point...

bbsnoopy said...

Yeh - we pretty much walked over to shop after brunch. It was quite a cruisy and relaxing short walk.