Monday, February 20, 2012

Garnish Fine Foods - Haberfield

For a lazy weekend breakfast, my hubby and I cruised up and down streets of Haberfield only to find super awesomely delicious coffee at Espresso Galleria and then a hearty brekky down the road tucked in the corner at Garnish Fine Foods.

We chose to sit inside their little cozy courtyard where the aromas for the kitchen wafted out to greet us. My hubby decided to try their big breaky roll ($9.50). This was wonderfully pan fried bacon, egg and sausages with sauce of your choice (bbq, tomato or aioli) on an awesomely soft and crunchy ciabatta roll. He washed it down with a good old chocolate milkshake. I think after eating one half of this, he was full - so next time we know we can share :P

big breaky roll - $9.50
chocolate milkshake

I was so close to ordering my usual of eggs benedict but my spur of the moment choice of their 'mushroom special' ($14) prevailed. This was a wonderful plethora of panfried mushrooms, bacon bits, charred sweet capsicum bits, caramelised onion and rocket, topped with a heap of avocado and scattered with corn kernels all on ciabatta toast. Again, the bread was AMAZING. The flavours of this dish were absolutely wonderful. And like my dear hubby, I was full when I was just half way through this mountain.

mushroom special - $14

I have to say, Haberfield is a place for the tastebuds - with chocolate and pasteries and coffee galore. And I quite like this cafe - it has a friendly 'homely' feel to it with good food served at decent prices.

Ratings:
Food - 8/10
Service - 8/10
Ambiance - 7.5/10
Value for money - 7.5/10
Overall - 31/40

Garnish Fine Foods
58 Dalhousie Street
Haberfield
NSW 2045
Tel: (02) 9799 9882

No comments: