Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Red Pepper - Strathfield

It's rainy and cold and somewhat miserable. Perfect weather conditions for hot pot and KFC. When my friends mentioned KFC and image of a huge bucket of colonels specialty in a family feast wafted into my mind, only to be corrected. KFC = Korean Fried Chicken.

Situated at Strathfield Sports Club, millions seem to flock to this place for KFC. My friends were regular patrons here whereas I was a noob - hence I left the ordering to them. We had a whole Spring Onion Gang Jung - super crispy fried chicken with loads of fragrant spring onion, garlic and hints of chilli. It's sticky and subtly sweet. The meat is incredibly succulent. YUM!

We also had half a sweet and spicy chicken. It had really rich tomatoey flavour and tons of sesame seeds. Really sticky and quite spicy for me - but no spice hit for the hubby.

The last chicken flavour we had was the snow cheese chicken. ZOMG - fried chicken with sprinkles of artificial cheese.... Soooo sooo bad for you but really crispy and quite delish.
Hot pot wise, we had the budae chigae - the 'army stew' which is my absolute favourite. A chilli stew with sausages, spam, kimchi, bean sprouts, tofu, veges, and instant noodles. LOVE it! So artificial and prob not worth the cost... but so up my ally in terms of tastiness :)

I feel like I should have eaten at this place ages ago as it's a pretty awesome little gem. Don't expect good service though. If you are eating here on a weekend - be sure to book!

Ratings:
Food - 8/10
Service - 5/10
Ambiance - 6/10
Value for money - 7/10
Overall - 26/40

Red Pepper
4A Lyons St
Strathfield
NSW 2135
Tel: (02) 9701 0911

1 comment:

chocolatesuze said...

love red pepper! the shallots fried chicken with the wasabi dressing is the bomb!