Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Diggies - Wollongong

Diggies

Exploring Wollongong beaches on a cloudy day - I figured that Sydney actually has some pretty good beaches.

We were checking out the menus of different places - and we stopped here, at Diggies, because I eyed one of the juices on the menu. This was the "Byron" ($6) - which essentially was pinapple, apple and ginger juice. My partner ordered this juice and it tasted very pineapple-y (to my partner) and also very gingery (to me). Not bad - maybe needed to be a touch colder.

The Byron - $6

I wasn't hungry on this particular day (due to a heavy breakfast) and opted for an ice-cold "Georgiacino" ($6) - an ice-coffee frappe. Mmm... very coffee-ish, reminiscent of StarBucks (which I do miss).

Georgiacino - $6

I also managed to sneak some of my partner's meal in my stomach. Interestingly (and against my will), my partner really wanted the classic fish 'n' chips ($18.50). I tried to direct him towards the yummy-looking all-day breakfast menus, but the boy wouldn't budge. So grenadier fillet deep fried in super crisp (and I mean super super crisp) batter with salad and chips it was~

It wasn't bad tasting - quite super super thick and crisp batter on the fish. The chips weren't as nice as LeVendi - but okay nonetheless.

Fish 'n' Chips - $18.50

Service was... hmm... somewhat lacking - but they came upon request. Situated beach-side, this cafe was definately a chillaxy.

Ratings
Food - 8/10
Service - 6/10
Ambiance - 8/10
Value for money - 6/10
Overall - 28/40

Diggies
1 Cliff Road
North Beach
Wollongong
NSW, 2500
tel: (02) 4226 2688

No comments: