Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Lindt Cafe - Cockle Bay Wharf

Following dinner at Blackbirds Cafe, my company and I found ourselves conveniently situated outside Lindt Cafe. Being cold and craving for chocolate, I simply could not resist and talked my friends into sitting down.

Lindt Cafe

After a brief moment of hesitation, I decided to order the warm soft-centered melting chocolate cake with icecream (of the excellence 70% variety) ($15). The hesistation was for the price... but my stomach won over my brain in this instance.

Warm soft-centred chocolate cake with 70% Excellence icecream - $15

And it was a decision not regretted. It was soooo powerfully richly chocolatey. Topped with melting chocolate, and a melting chocolate center that just oozed out, every bite was bliss! Mixed with my favourite (in Syd) icecream... mmm... YUM!

One of my other friends ordered a chocolate orange walnut cake (I think). Being mousey and cakey and nutty, I think she enjoyed this.

Orange walnut cake

Overall, Lindt did not dissappoint. As usual, service is quite non-existant, but friendlyish nonetheless. And foodwise? I love chocolate ... so I am biased LOL

Ratings:
Food - 8/10
Service - 6/10
Ambiance - 8/10
Value for money - 6/10
Overall - 28/40

Lindt Cafe
104-105 Cockle Bay Wharf
Darling Harbour, Sydney
Tel: (02) 9267 8064

No comments: