Thursday, March 1, 2012

Outback Steakhouse - North Strathfield

For a quick bite, my hubby and I decided to dine out at Outback Steakhouse at the Bakehouse Quarter. It was pretty much a full house on a Sunday night and the place was totally bustling with customers and waitresses alike. We figured that the mains were probably enough to feed us and hence, decided to skip the entree.

Hubby ordered the 'outback special' which is a sirloin cut whereas I opted for a more marbled, succulent ribeye steak. Steaks come with either a soup or a salad, and a side dish (e.g. chips, mash, jacket potato etc). I have to say, I think that one of the main reasons why we like Outback Steakhouse is because of their soup. The soup of the day that we got was the creamy potato soup. This was amazingly rich, creamy, potatoey, starchy, super super YUM. It came with freshly baked bread. So amazingly deliciousness!!!

Potato soup with freshly baked bread

Hubby's sirloin with jacket potato was not bad. Cooked medium-rare, it was full of flavour and relatively more lean compared to my ribeye. My ribeye, likewise cooked medium-rare, was less flavoursome but more tender and succulent, probably because ribeyes tend to be more marbled. Nonetheless, both steaks were cooked quite well. My chips were also really yummy - crunchy outer, soft fluffy inside and nicely flavoured.

Sirloin with jacket potato
Ribeye with chips

Not a bad joint for a steak. Will be back I think :)

Ratings:
Food - 8/10
Service - 7/10
Ambiance - 7/10
Value for money - 7/10
Overall - 29/40

Outback Steakhouse (North Strathfield)
Restaurant Level 1,
3 George Street
North Strathfield
NSW 2137
Tel: (02) 8756 5741.

No comments: