Friday, June 15, 2012

Air Coffee - Castle Hill

Most of the time, my church friends and I tend to spend hours thinking of what to eat after church such that we normally don't get to eat until 2pm on Sundays. This weekend was different. One of our friends who work locally recently found a decent cafe closeby. Hence, we exodused to this cafe.

The coffee blend offered here was quite good. Smooth and creamy but unfortunately, relatively cold :(

skim mocha and regular cappuccino
Food-wise, there was breakfast and lunch options. There were also simple cakes, pastries and a fruit salad option. A few of my friends decided on a roasted salmon rocket salad. It was meant to come with potatoes... but if it was present, it must have been in the sauce. When my friends ordered it, they were expecting a bigger or heavier dish with a bit more salmon. Instead, they seemed to find it too salty (with ample capers and pickles) and very little fish.

salmon salad
Another friend opted for a bruschetta with asparagus, poached eggs and ripe vine tomatoes. I was very surprised as to amount of tomato that was available. It looked fresh and tasty.

bruschetta with asparagus, poached eggs and vine tomato
My hubby opted for a simple ham and eggs on toast. The poached egg looked gorgeous. But in general, it was a pretty simple put-together of two slices of ham, capsicum/tomato thing from a jar, poached eggs and bread. Nice.
ham and eggs
I have to say that my dish far outshone all the other dishes. I ordered a salmon with herbed eggs on toast. This was a crazy amount of smoked salmon sitting atop a heavily mayo-dressed herbed egg salad on two large pieces of toast. I donated a slice of this to my friends who had the salad as I couldn't even finish one slice of this. It was really heavy and extremely filling. Tasty though! Definitely value for money.

salmon with herbed eggs on toast
All up, it was quite a decent meal in a chillaxy place. Wouldn't mind coming back here every now and then.

Ratings:
Food - 7/10
Service - 7/10
Ambiance - 8/10
Value for money - 7/10
Overall - 29/40

Air Coffee
Unit 1/ 10 Salisbury Road
Castle Hill
NSW 2154
Tel: (02) 8850 4017


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Didn't know this cafe existed here! So hidden away ... have you had a chance to try The Baron yet? Looking forward to the review!