Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Tuscany Ristorante - Leichhardt

Hubby and I were absolutely famished one Saturday morning (probably closer to midday) and were looking for something to eat. Out of the whole entertainment book, hubby opted to go to 'Le Pain Quotidien', the Leichhardt branch... which also happens to be the shop that no longer exists >.< Hence, as we were both starving, we entered the first restaurant we saw nearby - Tuscany - which sits just outside Norton Plaza, where we parked.

We both decided on pasta dishes, and just in case that takes forever to come, garlic bread was also ordered. The garlic bread was really really really buttery. Maybe a bit OTT on the butter as I felt as though I could squeeze drip the butter out of the bread. It was tasty though, and the bread was soft and the crust was crunchy. Either it was good, or we were both too hungry to know any better.

Garlic Bread
Hubby's lasagne came as quite a big stack. It looked hefty and substantial with loads of layers of pasta and meat sauce. It was tomatoey and relatively tasty. I think it would have tasted even better with a few less layers of the thick pasta sheets.
Lasagne
I ordered their Ravioli Paradiso - which was essentially ravioli with prawn meat inside, served with a prawn bisque. I was sold by the sound of prawn bisque and was a little disppointed that prawn bisque was scarce on my plate. The ravioli filling was quite tasty but the pasta was a little thicker than I would have liked. The sauce was really rich and tasty but as I said before, I would have appreciated a bit more sauce.
Ravioli Paradiso
Overall, it was a relatively pleasant experience. The atmosphere was classy and nice. The waiters were polite. The place filled with delicious aromas every time someone's food came out - that's got to be a good sign. And with the entertainment book discount, lunch came to under $30~ (but I guess it would have been quite a bit more without that discount)

Ratings:
Food - 7/10
Service - 7/10
Ambiance - 8/10
Value for money - 7/10
Overall - 29/40

Tuscany Ristorante
55 Norton Street
Leichhardt
NSW 2040
Tel: (02) 9568 2220

2 comments:

Helen (Grab Your Fork) said...

Have been quite curious about this place after a number of reviews. I do like buttery garlic bread but er, maybe not soaked right through. lol

bbsnoopy said...

Yeh - I think this place has also been getting some mixed reviews. Some people seem to have a really good experience here and others not. The bread was pretty soaked with butter ... tasty though haha!