Monday, August 1, 2011

Patisse - Waterloo

Following Masterchef and Food Safari hype Patisse has been packed out on most weekends.

I'm actually not a macaroon fan - but seeing all the different colours and flavours makes me really happy... hence, we went macaroon hunting at Patisse only to find............. there's only one flavour left!?!?!?!?!


Apparently, they make their macaroons every wednesday and people buy them buy the 50s or 100s (according to the shop dude)... hence, when I come on Sat (and I've been hunting twice), there's only like 1 flavour left.

Well... I got it anyway. The vanilla macaroon was sweet, fresh out of the fridgely cold, and... mmm... average actually. Slightly disappointed.

Vanilla Macaron

I also couldn't resist the Opera cake. This was really yummy. Layers of coffee syrup soaked coffee cake, chocolate ganache, coffee buttercream and chocolate glaze - it was really really yummy. Slightly lighter and less dense compared to most other opera cakes, it was still really tasty and coffee-chocolately... I gobbled it up in no time!


Opera Cake

I have to say - Patisse is nice. Looks nice. Looks appetising. Is appetising. But not super duperly so. It was kind of average ish - like, Opera cake is nice... but Opera cake at Intercontintal is better I think. So Patisse is a nice cafe, cake, dessert place which is slightly over-hyped by Masterchef.

Ratings:
Food - 7.5/10
Service - 7/10
Ambiance - 7/10
Value for money - 7/10
Overall - 28.5/40

Patisse
G01/197 Young Street
Waterloo
NSW 2017
Tel: (02) 9690 0665

No comments: