Wednesday, June 16, 2010

El Jannah (2) - Granville

Mmmm.... Chicken.... and lots of it!

My partner and a couple of friends had wanted to eat charcoal chicken from no other place other than El Jannah in Granville. This has now become a very frequented joint for my partner and I - and no matter how much chicken he eats, my partner does not seem to get sick of this place.

However, this lunch - we ordered TWO chickens between the 4 of us. To me, this seriously, just looked like a mountain of chicken. Hecticness.

The chicken was awesome as always. Charcoally burnt skin, juicy succulent meat. But most importantly - super super super awesomeness garlic sauce!!!

TWO whole chickens

Personally, I don't think that Charcoal chicken will be the same without garlic sauce. It's soooo super garlicy flavoured, smooth, creamy and no-doubt fattening. But so so so good and irresistable.

garlic sauce

The pickles were as normal. To me, the pink ones always taste stronger than the green ones. But when eaten with the chicken and the garlic sauce, it's always quite awesome~

pickles

No meal at El Jannah would be complete (for me) without these almost perfectly cooked chips. Crunchy on the outside and soft and fluffly on the inside and lightly dusted with chicken salt, it is seriously awesomely deliciousness when dipped in a good amount of garlic sauce.

Chips

So overall, El Jannah is awesome. Chicken is good, chips are more than good, and the garlic sauce is super super super good. But is it good enough for us to visit this place once to twice each week? My partner would say so.

Ratings:
Food - 9/10
Service - 7/10
Ambiance - 7/10
Value for money - 7/10
Overall - 30/40

El Jannah
4-6 South Street
Granville
NSW 2142
tel: (02) 9637 0977

2 comments:

chocolatesuze said...

totally agree with ya the garlic sauce at el jannah is freaking awesome i always buy a container to take home

bbsnoopy said...

hahaha
the last time I bought the garlic sauce home, I seriously dipped EVERYTHING in it - even crackers LOL