Thursday, October 7, 2010

Pho Pasteur - Parramatta

My friends and I were eating on a time limit. We had less than an hour before we had to be somewhere and so we were tossing up between Pho and Chinese takeaway. Pho won.


We ordered spring rolls to share. My partner said that they were crunchy and tasty. Served with lettuce and bean sprouts and fish sauce to enhance the flavour - and to give an illusion of healthiness.
spring rolls

My usual - the beef ball beef tripe noodle soup - was wonderfully deliciousness! Beef tripe was tender and the beef balls were tasty. The soup base was "clean" tasting - not murky or overpowering but tastefully aromatic. Noodle smooth and slurp-worthy and the condiments round off my noodles perfectly.



beef ball beef tripe pho

My partner ordered with crispy chicken egg noodle soup. My partner has been going on and on and on and on about the crispy chicken he has had in Cabramatta - and this chicken just didn't match in terms of crispiness. However, a more unbiased comment by my friend was that the chicken was super tender and tasty. Noodle-wise, I think it was normal.

crispy chicken noodles

I might be bias (because this was the original), but although the decor is old and kind of icky at this Pho Pasteur, taste-wise, I believe that the noodles and the pho at this place beats it's sister store (vamped up decor wise) which is situated at the piazza level of Westfield.

Ratings:
Food - 8/10
Service - 6.5/10
Ambiance - 6.5/10
Value for money - 7/10
Overall - 28/40

Pho Pasteur
137 Church St
Parramatta
NSW 2150
tel: (02) 9635 0782

No comments: