Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Cafe Aroma (2) - Burwood

Stopping off for lunch in the midst of busy house shopping, my partner felt like eating at Cafe Aroma. The set meals here are $15.80 each and includes soup, bread, a main meal and a drink. There are also set meals (western style) for slightly more expensive.

For this lunch time, my partner opted for a Russian Borsch for the soup whereas I went for a cream of chicken soup. This came with warm soft bread :) The russian borsch was very tomatoey and rich - quite yummy - but I still preferred my creamy chicken soup. Very smooth and very very tasty.

russian borsch with bread roll
cream of chicken soup with bread roll

For mains, my partner chose a baked pork chop rice. There were many thin strips of grilled pork sitting on top of fried rice and topped with a hefty layer of tomato sauce and just not enough cheese. It was pretty yummy though.

baked pork chop rice

I decided on the baked portugese chicken with rice. Oddly, this whole dish was just portugese chicken - super tender and yummy pieces of chicken with potato cubes, onion and peas - and the rice mountain came separate. I prefer mine altogether (as I really don't need that much rice) and again, I like it topped with cheese.

Baked portugese chicken rice

Drinks here were good too. The milk tea and the milk tea with coffee are both yummy. I guess what's lacking is the ambiance and the service - but that's probably pretty typical for honky style cafes.

Ratings:
Food - 8/10
Service - 6/10
Ambiance - 6.5/10
Value for money - 6.5/10
Overall - 27/40

Cafe Aroma
232 Burwood Road
Burwood
NSW 2134
tel: (02) 9747 4611

No comments: