Friday, December 10, 2010

The Lighthouse Seafood Restaurant & Bar - Parramatta

For our clinic Christmas dinner, our boss shouted us to a three course meal at The Lighthouse Seafood Restaurant. To add to the Christmas cheer, Christmas crackers were placed on the tables for us, and live entertainment was present with some dude singing Christmas carols ALL night.

We were first served with yummy warm bread. I have to say - most of us were famished and so, soft warm bread was served. The butter melted into the bread, giving us a super yummy rich buttery taste to start the meal.

warm bread roll

We had a choice of different entrees. I chose the Smoked Tasmanian salmon. This was many many slices of super subtle and lightly smoked Tasmanian salmon rolled with avocado and straw mushrooms inside with a hint of dill mayo present throughout. Salmon roe and super finely diced apple was spreaded all around. It made for a relatively yummy starter. What I didn't appreciate too much was the raw straw mushrooms. I normally like my straw mushrooms cooked - grilled, steamed, barbequed, sauteed, ANYTHING! - just cooked. LOL

Smoked Tasmanian salmon with avocado and straw mushrooms, salmon roe and dill mayonnaise

For sides to share, we got super thick cut chips and salad. The chips were deliciousness! Golden crispiness on the outside, soft and fluffy on the inside. YUM. The salad was likewise good. It had a good amount of vinaigrette in it.

thick cut chips
garden salad

For my main, I opted for the roast chicken breast. The chicken was cooked okayishly and was stuffed with spinach and ricotta. Creamy mustard sauce was drizzled around the chicken and steamed veges - carrot, beans and asparagus - were sitting underneath the chicken. All up, it was a decent dish. Being hungry, I polished it all off.

Roast chicken breast filled with spinach and ricotta in creamy mustard sauce

For my dessert, tiramisu was on my plate. The saviordi biscuit was soaked in hazelnut liqueur and espresso coffee and was topped with mascarpone. The coffee taste wasn't quite enough and the biscuits were still kind of crummy. The mascapone cheese tasted more like cream... not really something I savour. I have to say, it wasn't the best tiramisu. I believe I make yummier ones :P

Homemade tiramisu cake

All up, dinner was decent. The Christmas cheer got to me after a while - but that's probably just me. I was never a huge fan of Christmas stuff LOL

Ratings:
Food - 8/10
Service - 7/10
Ambiance - 7.5/10
Value for money - 7/10
Overall - 29.5/40

The Lighthouse Seafood Restaurant & Bar
68-80 George Street
Parramatta
NSW 2150
tel: (02) 9635 8388

No comments: