Friday, August 10, 2012

Fusion Cafe (2) - Eastwood

As we're about to embark on a Eurotrip in the coming few weeks, cheap and cheerful food were on our agenda. Having recalled a near miss of the breakfast menu last time we were at Fusion Cafe in Eastwood, we decided to try our luck again. Breakfast runs until 12 noon and lucky for us, we made it with ample time - even after factoring the many many minutes it took for me to decide what I wanted.

We both ordered breakfast sets. My set was a congee (my pick was the preserved duck egg with pork), a choice of noodles (my pick was the soy-sauce fried noodles) with a drink (where I opted for a honky style milk tea with coffee). All that was for a generous price of $6.80! Bargain I dare say! Especially when a decent sized bowl of congee (albiet slightly more watery than some other places) and a good plate of noodles arrived in front of my. Sure it's not spectacular food, but I'm paying less than 7 bucks for it!
congee with preserved duck egg and pork

soy sauce fried noodles
Hubby chose the hot pot with beef brisket and steamed rice noodle rolls, and a honky style milk tea ($7.80). This was tasty and the sauce was pretty good.
beef brisket with rice noodles
We chose to have our drinks served after we finished our food. I found my milk tea with coffee to be gorgeously smooth, rich and delicious! Likewise, hubby was impressed with the honky style milk tea.
Honky style milk tea & Honky style milk tea with coffee
So all up, Fusion Cafe seems to be a decent place to pick up cheap honky-style cafe food. Don't expect to be too wowed by the food, but at the same time, you know you're not paying a lot to be fed here :)

Ratings:
Food - 7.5/10
Service - 6.510
Ambiance - 7/10
Value for money - 8/10
Overall - 29/40

Fusion Contemporary Cuisine
127 Rowe Street
Eastwood NSW 2122
Tel: (02) 9874 2226

1 comment:

Rita (mademoiselle délicieuse) said...

The husband and I have enjoyed the food here, the few times we've tried it out. And as for Europe - there are just some places where you can't even find Asian food, so fill up before you go haha!