Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Belle Fleur - Petersham

On our way to a particular open inspection, we had to travel on Parramatta Road. As it is terribly rare for me to get a Saturday off, I immediately thought of one thing as we were driving down. The chocolate store that is almost ALWAYS closed by the time I got to it - Belle Fleur. It was featured on Master Chef and it was where Alvin and Adam (YAY ADAM! :P) learned to temper chocolate and make truffles.

Belle Fleur
Chocolates galore!

When we got in, there was chocolate and chocolate displays galore. There were buildings and soccer balls and buckets and paintings ... all made of chocolate. There were simply blocks of chocolate from different origins, as well as beautifully captivating hand made chocolates in the cabinets.

Having a quick look around, I took my pick (restrainedly so as "I'm saving"... right?). So below is my pick. The 8 chocolates already took me to $11+ ... so really, if you're a chocoholic and trying to save, it's probably best to stay away. Having said that, though, the chocolate is AMAZINGLY delicious. Smooth and rich and creamy, sweet but not overly so... YUM.

my selection of chocolates

Belle Fleur - Smooth hazelnut with a hint of orange

Almond Cluster

Soft Caramel

Butterscotch - (there's two cavities filled with smooth butterscotch in this heart - just like a real heart, right?)


Peruvian Truffle - 64% Dark Peruvian chocolate cream in dark chocolate and rolled in dark chocolate shavings

Pistache - Pistacho chocolate ganache


Chocolate Mousse - Smooth and creamy dark chocolate mousse

Salted Caramel - looks interesting eh?
Dark Chocolate

I couldn't help it. Chocolate bars should not be within reaching distance to the checkout.

Belle Fleur Fine Chocolates
584 Parramatta Road
Petersham
NSW 2049
tel: (02) 9550 0650

2 comments:

Rita (mademoiselle délicieuse) said...

They have beautiful chocolates here but I've only ever been to their store in Rozelle. Don't you love all the chocolate ornaments/decorations they have around the place - too beautiful to ever eat!

bbsnoopy said...

Yeh - it's like being in chocolate heaven!
I love the paintings made of chocolate. I would take them home if I could! :)