Thursday, March 3, 2011

Crust

I don't know why but I've had a HUGE craving for pizza for quite a few weeks now. So on the weekend when my partner asked me what I wanted to eat, I said - PIZZA! And being nice, he agreed to it.

Mentally flicking through the pizza joints available, I decided to test out Crust - the gourmet pizza takeaway place that's become immensely popular in the recent year (but we'd both yet to try).

Crust Alexandria Store

They had quite a decent menu so it took us a while to decide what pizzas we wanted. But in the end, we'd opted for the Meat Deluxe ($16 for medium, $20 for large), and the Philly Steak ($16 for medium, $20 for large).

Crust

Thin yet not too thin pizza base, crunchy on the edges, soft in the middle, smothered with bbq sauce, and topped with smoked ham slices, pepperoni, Italian sausage bits, chicken fillets, ground beef and bacon and cheesed up - that was our Meat Deluxe. Yes. It was an awesome load of meat, meat and more meat. It tasted absolutely delicious on the base of bbq sauce.

Meat Deluxe - $16 (medium)

I had originally wanted to try their wild mushroom pizza (which was mushrooms of all types) to balance out the all meat pizzaa but was met with the aweful stare from my partner which implied "are you serious?". So I succumbed and opted for the philly steak. The philly steak tasted completely different to the meat deluxe. For one, it was tomatoey and not bbqy. And it had rocket on it - adding some greenery. It also bought along quite a strong taste of capsicum, both fresh and roasted. The pizza had loads of topping of black angus roast beef slices, caramelised onions, mushrooms and a delicious twizzle of dijon mustard. It was pretty awesome! Different awesome to the meat deluxe - but awesome nonetheless.

Philly Steak - $16 (medium)

I normally eat maybe around 3 slices of pizza? But here - I swallowed up a WHOLE pizza. Yes - I was quite disgusted with myself, but it also meant that the pizza was deliciously enticing enough for me to eat it whole :P

Ratings:
Food - 8.5/10
Service - 7.5/10
Ambiance - ? (we took it home - so ambiance was great~ )
Value for money - 7.5/10
Overall - 23.5 + ?/40

Crust Pizza (Alexandria Store)
486 Botany Rd,
Alexandria
NSW 2015
Tel: (02) 9690 0233
http://www.crust.com.au

4 comments:

Mel said...

I had CRUST pizza for the first time last month and I think it was pretty good. We got the healthier pizza's which were a bit smaller than the normal size, and their salads are good too.

I would've thought that the Philly Steak Pizza would've had loads of cheese on it...like in the USA.

Cara.S said...

you have to try the Moroccan lamb!! it's a rectangle pizza! or the shepherds pie also a rectanle pizza :P

joey@forkingaroundsydney said...

I'm going to have Crust pizza tonight! Can't wait!

bbsnoopy said...

Hahaha
yeh - I expected cheesiness but it was more honey mustardy (which is also good).

And Cara - I don't eat lamb... so my partner would have to find a day without me to gobble that one up LOL :P

I think Crust is pretty decent for a 'fastfood/takeaway' type pizza place :)