Monday, March 7, 2011

Pane e Vino - Concord

Brunch time!
This time, we took off to Pane e Vino in Concord - which is a cafe by day, restaurant by night.

Pane e Vino

I had a huge coffee craving and hence, coffee was definately on my agenda. My capp was average. Not bad, good amount of foam and chocolate powder but... I don't know. Sydney coffee still lacks the strong aroma-ness of asian coffees (say, Viet coffee) and the creamy richeness of Italian coffee (or even Melbourne coffee). Nonetheless, the coffee wasn't bad.

Cappuccino

Foodwise, my partner opted for the "breakfast in concord" ($14.50). This was 2 poached eggs sitting on top of a huge paella of richly herbed tomatoey baked organic cannellini beans. Bits of bocconcini and fresh basil were scattered throughout and 2 bread slices (slightly burnt) was served on the side. To me, this was eating a fancy version of baked beans on toast with eggs... except the beans were more richly bathed in tomato sauce. Didn't appeal to me too much. My partner said it was average - I think he would have liked a bit of meat on it :P


breakfast in concord- $14.50

I chose the "concord express" ($7.50) which was 2 eggs cooked however I wanted (in my case, poached) and served with in-house baked bread. A load of extras were available (mushrooms, tomato, sausage, hashbrowns, bacon, beans spinach). I decided to add chicken sausage ($3) and a hash brown ($1.50) to mine. The sausages didn't look too appetising - wrinkly weird orangey-yellowish colour - BUT tasted awesome! My eggs were cooked perfectly - just the right amount of runniness. My hashbrown was a bit too crusty. And my bread was good. So all up, I enjoyed my brunch :)

concord express - $7.50 (+ sausage $3 + hashbrown $1.50)

Service is not the most attentive, but they get by. The food seems to be fresh - they do their best. And ambiance-wise is pretty good. Chillaxy open cafe.

Ratings:
Food - 7/10
Service - 7/10
Ambiance - 7.5/10
Value for money - 7/10
Overall - 28.5/40

Pane e Vino
50 Mortlake Street
Concord
NSW 2171
Tel: (02) 8765 8818

1 comment:

joey@forkingaroundsydney said...

Mmmm, hash brown. I'd rather have that than the bowl of cornflakes I've munching on right now. :-)