Friday, August 12, 2011

Inside Out Restaurant and Bar - Parramatta

My friend and I met up at Inside Out Restaurant in Parramatta for a catchup - chosen by a process of elimination and surprised to find it's relatively nice cozy atmosphere.

Drinks for starters - my friend ordered this fig cocktail. I don't remember exactly what was in it... only remember fig, frangelico and me saying to my friend "that sounds like it might be super sweet" and my friend saying "it's OK. I like fig". As it turns out, you should always listen to the female race because we are always right LOL. The drink was soooooo super sickening sweet. So epic that every sip made my friend cringe and become shocked by how sweet it was all over again.
fig cocktail

Food-wise, my friend opted for the pan seared duck breast ($36). Slices of duck was served on a fluffy bed of sweet potato mash and topped with a small bunch of wilted spinach. The fig made an appearance once again in the sauce - a fig and port reduction. Overall, it made for a sweetly sauced succulent duck breast which was nice tasting... not super awesome though.

Pan seared duck breast - $36

I went for steak ($39). A nice 300g slab of grain fed sirloin on a heap of creamy mash potato and plentiful soft shell crab on top, all smothered in a bernaise sauce and red wine jus. I wanted medium rare - came up more medium. It was tasty enough. The soft shell crab could have been nicer if it had a bit more crunch... but overall, it was OK :)


sirloin with creamy mash potato and soft shell crab - $39

For dessert, we decided to share a creme brulee ($12). This was probably the best dish of the night - a definite winner. Yummy glazed over sugar toffee which was super awesome when combined with smooth creamy cold custody concoction. This was served with a relatively sweet raspberry sorbet and a not so awesome almond biscotti. I would have been happy with the brulee with nothing else accompanying it :)

Vanilla bean creme brulee - $12

Ratings:
Food - 7/10
Service - 7/10
Ambiance - 7/10
Value for money - 7/10
Overall -28/40

Inside Out Restaurant & Bar
99 Phillip Street
Parramatta
NSW 2150
Tel: (02) 8837 7300

No comments: