Thursday, August 25, 2011

Sushi Bar Rashai (2) - Annandale

My mum wanted to eat Japanese one night. Hence, my hubby and I took our parents to Sushi Bar Rashai. My mum likes sushi and sashimi and my dad is a huge fan of eel. So a dinner with both these elements would suit us just fine.

We ordered a party sushi and sashimi platter for 2. This had a good variety of salmon (natural and lightly seared), tuna, king fish and another variety of white fish. All were in cut to perfect thickness. All were nice and firm and fresh and tasty. Super YUM. The sushi pieces, however, were pretty normal ish. Nothing too special.

party sushi and sashimi platter

Before ordering, my mummy eyed the vege tempura which landed on a neighbouring table. Hence - it became something on our order. Lightly tempura battered bit of veges (including beans, lettuce, carrot, sweet potato, onion), nicely deep fried and awesomely crunchy :)

Vegetable tempura

I wanted to try their Sapporo hotpot which was on their specials menu. The soy-milk based hot pot with seafood (prawns, scallop, fish), enoki mushrooms, and asian veges were super yum. Slightly overly tasty... but yum nonetheless. OK - it might be my bias in that I love all ingredients in it :P

Sapporo hot pot

My daddy's favourite- the Unadon - came on a large dish. Unfortunately, it was slightly luke-warm and not quite hot enough... and the eel was slightly not saucy or tasty enough... but, it was just there to quench my daddy's cravings.

unadon

Service here is friendly. Food here is tasty... not the best jap food I've had, but not bad either.

Ratings:
Food - 7.5/10
Ambiance - 6.5/10
Service - 6/10
Value for money - 7/10
Overall - 27/40

Sushi Bar Rashai
241 Parramatta Road
Annandale
NSW 2038
Tel: (02) 9560 3007

No comments: