Friday, September 20, 2013

Fish Place - Surry Hills

Our friends have recommended this place in Surry Hills and talked up how awesome it is. As such, we couldn't resist a visit to "Fish Place". I believe that the magic hand behind the supposedly awesome smokey fish was ex-Smoke House, so I guess that smokey meals are in good hands.
After ordering, we were able to chill in their cool looking courtyard at the back.
Hubby ordered their fish of the day - which was perch, opted for grilled and served with a chinese cabbage and broccoli salad. The fish was cooked reasonably well, but sadly, there was nothing really WOW about the fish or the salad.

perch and salad

I couldn't resist their hot smoked salmon with potato bake. My crazy anticipation of this awesome perfectly cooked smokey fish was unfortunately not met. I think that it is largely because it was the tail piece  as it was quite overcooked and really dry,taking away all my enjoyment of the meal. The smokiness is pretty good though!
hot smoked salmon with potato bake
Both of us were a bit unimpressed. May have just been our bad luck, but I would be a little hesistant to revisit.

Ratings:
Food - 6/10
Service - 6/10
Ambiance - 7.5/10
Value for money - 7/10
Overall - 26.5/40

Fish Place
70 Foveaux St
Surry Hills
NSW 2010
Tel: (02) 8958 0159

No comments: