Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Doo Ri (2) - Strathfield

Another quick bit in amongst a chain of house hunting efforts took us back to Doo Ri in Strathfield. They offer a decent lunch menu for a mere $10 and when you add the almost limitless supply of side dishes, it makes it almost a bargain :)

So their side dish range isn't as impressive-looking as some other Korean restaurants, my partner simply adores the eggplant mushroom mix (middle top plate).

side dishes

In terms of actual lunch meals, my partner ordered his usual beef rib stew. I have to say, he was nice enough to let me steal this off him half way through because I found my choice too spicy. The stew was fragrant, the beef ribs were strongly beef flavoured yet slightly tough to chew off, and the glass potato noodles and soggy veges were just to my liking.

beef rib stew - $10

My choice was the beef japchae ($12). It was spicy. The first spicy japchae I've had. Why!?!?!?!? If I didn't have a sore throat, it would have been alright. But with my sore throat, my partner had to polish it off.

Japchae - $12

All up, with Korean-style "push a button" for service, service was not lacking. The food was decent and we were both completely stuffed. Lucky I managed to convince my partner out of ordering another plate of gyoza :P

Ratings:
Food - 7.5/10
Service - 7.5/10
Ambiance - 7/10
Value for money - 7/10
Overall - 29/40

Doo Ri
20-34 Albert Road
Strathfield
NSW 2135
Tel: (02) 9746 7111

2 comments:

thang@noodlies said...

Yum.. korean is near the top of my food list at the momment.. this place looks ok, might give it a go!

bbsnoopy said...

yeh - it's decent.
They seem to have some good bbq and hotpot options too :)