Saturday, November 7, 2009

The Coffee Club - Blacktown

The Coffee Club Blacktown

After playing tennis, my friend and I were on the look out for some yummy food to make up for the energy used. Funnily enough, we did not order any coffee though we were at the Coffee Club at Blacktown Westpoint. Instead, I was happy with my Bundaberg lemon lime & bitters, and my friend was good with his grapefruit flavoured Capi soda.

lemon lime bitters

grapefruit capi

Being slightly health conscious, my friend ordered the Lifestyle chicken fillet burger with a side of chips. This was a grilled slab of skinless chicken breast with tomato, mixed lettuce, spanish onion and light slightly melted mozzarella cheese all cased within a big bun and drizzled with spicy herb aioli. My friend hungrily and satisfiedly gobbled it all up :)

Lifestyle chicken fillet burger

Likewise, I decided to be healthy today and so, I ordered a chicken and avocado wrap - toasted. Funnily enough, what I ended up getting was a chicken salad wrap - no avocado included LOL. I didn't even realise the cafe's mistake until half-way through my wrap, and by then, I couldn't be bothered to complain. My first look at the chicken pieces struck up the word "bland" in my mind. Contrary to my predictions, the pieces of chicken breast were kind of slightly juicy. Looks can be deceiving :P The wrap was also very filling and left me hunger-less after my energy expenditure exercise that morning.

Chicken and "avocado" wrap

In all, the food was average and the service was non-existant (but they probably aren't supposed to do anything). The most important thing was the company - and the company was awesome ~!

Ratings:
Food - 6.5/10
Service - 6/10
Ambiance - 7/10
Value for money - 6/10
Overall - 25.5/40

The Coffee Club
Level 1 Westpoint Blacktown
Shop 1010
Patrick Street
Blacktown
NSW 2148
tel: (02) 9622 5900

No comments: