Saturday, November 14, 2009

Maroo - Glebe

Maroo

It was a Friday afternoon and we had plans of a celebratory degustation booked for Restaurant Atelier with the rest of my lovely clinic people. But I was hungry. So was my partner. We had 15 minutes to spare. What better than a quick snack? LOL

We popped into Maroo in Glebe - just opposite to our dinner destination and ordered a rainbow roll ($10.80). Expecting flash quick service for just one sushi roll - we were made to wait... quite a little while. We were quick to forgive, however, as the waitress was super super apologetic and looked super super stressed out. I guess they just needed more staff here.

The rainbow roll tasted really fresh. The salmon wrapped inside the roll was very tasty and every piece was in nice bite-sized portions so I didn't have to embarass myself by biting it in half and letting all the insides fall out. If anything, I was just a bit taken back by the soy sauce - it was soooo strong and salty... and I swear I didn't put that much on :P

Rainbow Roll - $10.80

Anyway, we gobbled, we ate, we paid and we dashed off to our dinner degustation. A good snack thought my partner and I.

Ratings:
Food - 8/10
Service - 6.5/10
Ambiance - 7/10
Value for money - 7/10
Overall - 28.5/40

Maroo Japanese Seafood Restaurant
29 Glebe Point Rd
Glebe
NSW 2037

No comments: