Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Campbell Restaurant - Haymarket

Campbell Restaurant

I don't know why but after an hour of bike riding, all I could think about was coffee - strong yummy coffe of either the Gloria Jean's Voltage type or asian ice-coffee type. Since we'd also not had lunch yet, we opted for a honky style cafe in the city.

The first thing I ordered was my iced coffee-tea mix. It was deliciousness. I love also how they separated my sugar syrup so it wasn't too sweet and wasn't too bland. My partner chose the red bean grass jelly ice-cream float. He loved it (and so did I). There was ample grass jelly, a good portion of red bean, yummy coconut milk and awesome awesome icecream (the icey type that I, but possibly not others, love). He loved it so much that he ordered another one of these (and subsequently felt sick from the milky sugary overload).

iced coffee-tea mix
red bean grass jelly icecream float

In terms of food, I opted for an afternoon tea special. These were french toast bites. Lovely golden deep fried cubes of super soft fluffy bread. It tasted almost like fairy-bread from Japan on the inside. Sooooo soft. The bad thing about it is that I like my french toast with peanut butter. But this was not an option here. I could only either have chocolate or strawberry topping with it >.<
French toast bites

My partner chose the cheesy seafood baked rice. This was very yummy. A good variety of seafood on a semi-fried rice base. Topped with creamy sauce and lightly-browned cheese. It was tasty, filling but not overbearing. Mmm...

Baked seafood rice

Overall, the food here was pretty good. The service was also not bad. A few waiters eyed us as we pulled out and played Monopoly Deal, but none stepped in to stop us which is good. The restaurant is also clean, bright and comfy. Not a bad place to dine.

Ratings:
Food - 8.5/10
Service - 8/10
Ambiance - 8/10
Value for money - 7/10
Overall - 31.5/40

Campbell Restaurant
1st Floor, 102 Hay Street
Haymarket
NSW 2000
tel: (02) 9281 0743

2 comments:

chocolatesuze said...

hehe i love coffee and tea mix!

bbsnoopy said...

yupyup!
i love the asian style coffee/teas. It's sooo much stronger and yummier :P