Thursday, April 22, 2010

Hi Thai - Blacktown

I met up with a friend after work one day, and we decided to eat at Hi Thai, a recently opened Thai restaurant in Blacktown.

I was sooooo close to ordering my usual Pad Thai. To break tradition, I opted for the chicken Peanut Noodle instead ($13.90). This was chicken pieces with super thick rice noodles, topped with a HUGE heap of super rich, super tasty, super oily, super unhealthy, yet super yum peanut sauce, mixed vegetables and egg. This was extremely extremely yummy. But with every bite, I could tell the I was eating something that was doing my body harm. I felt as guilty as I would have been, eating peanut butter out of a jar - which I guess was pretty much what I was doing - eating peanut butter mixed with oil! *sighz* Never mind - a treat after a hard days work.

Chicken Peanut Noodle - $13.90

My friend opted for a heathier option. He chose the Tasty Pumpkin with beef ($13.90). This was thin pumpkin pieces with beef, egg, veges and mixed with oyster sauce. As it doesn't come with noodles, hence he had to order rice with it. His dish was much much healthier tasting and looking compared to mine. Unfortunately, it was less yummy than mine.

Tasty Pumpkin with beef - $13.90

Overall, this was an average Thai place. Not bad, not excellent - but Thai is good any day.

Ratings:
Food - 8/10
Service - 6/10
Ambiance - 7/10
Value for money - 7/10
Overall - 28/40

Hi Thai
On Four, Westpoint Shopping Centre
Blacktown
NSW 2148
tel: (02) 9831 2415

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This has to be the absolute worst Thai Restaurant I have ever been to, firstly the food took a little too long to come out considering there wasn’t many people there anyways, the food tasted atrocious, it had no flavour, all you could taste was oil, I was there with four people who tried what I had and they all agreed it was filth... one of the girls spat it out it was that bad... too expensive... basically we wish we went to the nando's next door, please refrain from going to this " Thai food place" (not restaurant) if you want good Thai, head to Baulkham hills " money bag Thai restaurant " or something like that... they are cheap and the food is amazing

Ratings:
Food - 1/10
Service - 5/10
Ambiance - 5/10 (Westpoint level 4)
Value for money - 3/10
Overall - 14/40

Kelly said...

As a large group of 14 we had a variety of dishes which we all enjoyed. Large servings and lots of vegetables included. We also found the staff helpful and friendly.

Anonymous said...

The service at this restaurant was appalling. The green curry was just coconut sauce with no flavor. I thought that it was law that all restaurants have to serve water and nit have to pay for bottled water.

sketchau said...

Oooh that Chicken Peanut Noodle looks nice.. Gotta try that out next time if I remember. I don't know what the negative commenters are going on about. They sound like trollers to me or probably the competition of Hithai because I love Hithai, it's not as bad as what they are describing it to be. In fact i've had a couple of bad experiences from other restaurans but I wouldn't word things the way they have.

I do recommend to go eat at Hithai if you're a local or if you want a simple night out with friends. No need to go all the way to baulkham hills

Anonymous said...

we moved to Canberra and everytime we come back to seven hills we make sure we stop in for pad Thai it's the best we have found so far

Anonymous said...

HI Thai in blacktown westpoint is the worst Thai food I ever had in my life. I would never & ever recommend any one.

Alisha

Anonymous said...

I have walked out of this place twice as the lady at the counter is extremely rude, worst customer service experienced and she doesn't even give a crap about her customers response. I would avoid this place in future for anyone. It is not worth the food at all when the people working there are not friendly and speak down to you.