Monday, April 12, 2010

Chatswood BBQ Kitchen - Chatswood

Chatswood BBQ Kitchen

For a cheap late dinner in Chatswood, my partner and I decided to dine in a honky style cafe. Having a few to pick from, we opted for a neat, clean looking one with people still inside.

Being seated, we were stuck with a HUGE HUGE HUGE menu. There's rice, there's noodles, there's curries, there's stir fries, there's noodle soups, there's bbq stuff, there's seafood, there's just soooooo much choice! I was seriously mulling over it - such a hard decision.

In the end, my partner decided on a chicken fillet and grill eel rice ($12.80) + ice coffee (which I stole) and I chose the cuttlefish ball seaweed thickened thin rice noodles (no clue what I'm talking about? Let me explain in a bit).

My ice coffee is strong - just the way I like it and slightly just a bit too much on the sweet side. Like a super sweet asian coffee lolly. YUM.

ice coffee - $1.50 (when added onto my partner's meal)

My partner's chicken was sitting on top of a pool of tomatoey paste and was really tasty and tender. I didn't try his eel - but it looked normal. My partner gobbled down his meal and was thoroughly full after - so I can only assume it was decent.

Chicken and eel rice - $12.80

As for my cuttlefish ball seaweed noodle soup - it was slightly dissappointing. The photo of it showed WAAAYYY more seaweed so when I looked down and saw one measly quater of a slice of nori paper, bits of preserved chinese veges, black fungi, corn and chinese cabbage, I was slightly dissappointed. The cuttlefish balls were also of the store-bought variety. Now onto the noodles. This is the thin rice noodle - but slightly thicker, smoother, more floury like (or ricey like) and more soggy than the normal thin rice noodles. Not too bad - but I prefer my flat rice noodles. Overall - this was okay, filling, but not WOW-like.

Cuttlefish ball seaweed rice noodles - $10

Ratings:
Food - 7.5/10
Service - 6.5/10
Ambiance - 7.5/10
Value for money - 7.5/10
Overall - 29/40

Chatswood BBQ Kitchen
308 Victoria Avenue
Chatswood
NSW 2067
tel: (02) 9419 6532

2 comments:

H T said...

omg i eat lunch there ALL the time when i work. i love it

bbsnoopy said...

hahaha
yeh - it was alrite
lots of choice~ :P