Monday, August 10, 2009

Eats on the plane (2) - Qantas domestic

A weekend eating tour to Melbourne with friends starts with the plane trip down. Although there were fierce winds and turbulence on the way down, the lovely cabin crew kept their cool and served, even when the plane was rocking up and down.

On the way down, I chose the coleslaw ham salad. I am a fan of KFC - and I eat KFC coleslaw. But this coleslaw beats that hands down! I was surprisingly amazed. The coleslaw was yummy, fresh and crunchy with just the right amount of sauce. There was also abundant ham - to be eaten by the mouthful.

The dessert - a chocolate coconut cake with raspberry icing - was also better than I expected. I didn't like the icing, but the chocolate drops and the dessicated coconut was yum albiet a little bit hard.

bread

coleslaw with ham salad

chocolate coconut raspberry cake

On the way down, I chose yet another salad. This time it was a tuna salad. Again, not bad. It did have an amazing amount of beans in it... I touch too much for my liking. My partner had the penne with bolognaise. The dessert was a lemon coconut cake. Not quite as nice as the chocolate, but not too bad either. However, I guess it was less enjoyable given the amount of cakes and sweets we'd sampled in Melbourne :P

Tuna Salad

Bean variety

Penne with bolognaise sauce

Lemon coconut cake


Ratings:
Food - 8/10
Service - 8/10
Ambiance - 8/10 (because it was business class)
Value for money - 8/10 (only if you get Qantas discounts)
Overall - 32/40

No comments: