Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Ganache chocolate - South Yarra


Ganache

Mmm... Melbourne just seems to be endowed with awesome chocolate and cake places. Sitting in South Yarra is just one of those awesome chocolate and cake places - Ganache chocolate.

To tell you the truth, I was expecting cabinets among cabinets of chocolate and cakes. So when I walked in and saw just a limited selection of cakes, I was slightly dissappointed. However, upon closer inspection of the cakes I came to the sudden realisation that it was quality not quantity that mattered. Just look at the detail and presentation of the cakes~!!!

On top of my chocolate mousse cake was a mini dark-chocolate block (so kute!!!). The chocolate ganache was smooth and bitter-sweet. Then there was the white-choc and milk-choc mousse which again, was awesomely not overly sweet. On the bottom is a thin layer of dark chocolate sponge. Eaten together, the flavours mixed and blended and played a wonderful melody in my mouth. Mmm... Yum.

Chocolate Mousse cake

My partner was drawn to the tiramisu from the word 'GO'. He saw the light and fluffy texture of the slice and decided that he needed to take it home (or rather, I decided that we needed to take into our stomachs). Not overlly inundated with coffee, you could taste just a subtle hint of coffee amongst the smooth fluffy texture of the sponge and the marscapone cream cheese mixture.

Tiramisu

Although it was before lunch time, this place already attracted customers. It also immediately attracted me to the cake display. With the help of the lovely, friendly, chatty storeperson, we made the right choice in buying both slices. Mmm... just thinking about the cakes is making want to eat it... I will definately be back :P

Ratings:
Food - 9/10

Service - 8/10

Ambiance - 7/10

Value for money - 7.5/10

Overall - 31.5/40


Ganache
250 Toorak Rd

South Yarra

VIC 3141

tel:
(03) 9804 7485

No comments: