Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Koko Black (2) - Melbourne

Koko Black


A trip to Melbourne would not be complete without a trip to Koko Black.

Having just been to the chocolate-rush festival, my company and I were quite chocolated-out already. Knowing that, three of us ordered a Belgian Spoil and two Hot Chocolates ($22.00) to share. We changed it to iced chocolates (75c extra) and being unable to resist, my friend ordered a chocolate Martini ($8.95) as well.

Belgian Spoil

Iced Chocolate

Chocolate Martini - $8.95

Hot Chocolate

Luckily, two of my other friends came along - they were hungry. They too, ordered the belgian spoil and two hot chocs. They finished their share. We barely touched ours between the three of us. Hence, they helped us gobble ours all up too~

Don't get me wrong though. It's not that the food wasn't excellent that we didn't finish. The belgian spoil is a chocolate platter comprised of chocolate cake, two Belgian chocolates, a shortbread, chocolate icecream and chocolate mousse. The icecream is absolutely heavenly! Dark and rich, icey cold yet not overly sweet. The chocolate mousse, likewise, tasty to my taste-buds. I'm not a total fan of the chocolate cake as it is a touch too spongy - but it is very richly chocolately. The shortbread is just a nice alternative to all the chocolate stuff. And the belgian chocolate - mmm... but would be better if we were bothered to choose which chocolates we wanted LOL.

Our dark iced-chocolates were also an absolute treat! Gorgeously thick and rich and topped with chocolate and vanilla icecream. It's YUM and filling! And I could drink barely half of it.

I'm usually a huge chocolate eater - so I'm attributing my dismal eating performance to the fact that we had lots of chocolate already beforehand :P

Ratings:
Food - 9/10
Service - 7/10
Ambiance - 8/10
Value for money - 7/10
Overall - 31/40

Koko Black
(there are various locations around Melbourne)
Shop 4 Royal Arcade
335 Bourke Street
Melbourne
VIC 3000
tel: (03) 9639 8911

No comments: